Application for the first year (M1) of ARIA Masters
The first year of the ARIA Master course is the M1. It is open to French and international students who already hold a university degree at the level of Bachelor of Science with 180 ECTS credits in the European system, after at least three years studies in a field related to the Master ARIA Majors such as: Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, System Engineering, Applied Mathematics and Computer Science. The graduation must take place before 31 July 2016 for non European students and before 30 September 2015 for European students.
The applicants have to be fluent in English, both in writing and speaking. An Applicant whose native language is not English is required to pass a recognized international English test such as TOEFL (score 220 CBT, 550 PBT, 80 IBT), Cambridge Advanced English Test (score B or higher), IELTS (score 6.5 or higher), TOEIC (800) or other English equivalent test.
An applicant who carried out his study in English is eligible, passing a recognized test provides him more chance to be accepted (official confirmation letter is needed). The English test result must be sent before the deadline of application.
- The on-line application's site will be opened on 10 November 2015
- Application will be closed for non-EU students on 10 May 2016
- Application will be closed For EU students on 30 June 2016
The students are ranked on the basis of excellence of the academic records, the quality of their former studies, general skills for foreign languages, motivation for the proposed programme, and the reference letters. Acceptance letters may be sent for early applications before the deadline of application.
Application has to be done on-line and by post as follows:
1) On-line application:The following documents are needed (in PDF or JPG files):
- First pages of Passport or Identity card indicating the nationality.
- Recognized International English test Certificate, not older than September 2011 (TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, etc.)
- Certified academic degree and transcripts of all university study, with translation into English or French, i.e. bachelor, master or equivalent, (all the documents must be grouped in one file). If the degree will be obtained after the deadline, a certificate from the home institution indicating the situation of the student and the date of obtaining the degree must be delivered.
- The name and address of two professors who accept to send us reference letters. The reference letters must be provided on ARIA1’s Reference Form. (Download the Reference Letter Form)
- CV with Identity photo
- Presentation of the institution who delivered (or will deliver) the academic degree (about 10-15 lines). The description should contain (method of selection at the entry, international or national ranking, language of instruction, degrees delivered, address of internet website, private or public,…)
- Motivation letter (why applying to ASP Master).
2) Postal application: send the following documents before the deadline (as per postmark, besides it must arrive at most 10 days after deadline):
- Checklist (Download the checklist form)
- A signed copy of the application form as delivered by the on-line application system of ARIA-M1
- English Certificate (original or certified), not older than January 2010. Toefl code number assigned to the “Ecole Centrale de Nantes” by ETS is 5722 Department Graduate school, and GRE code is 2699. In case of English speaking academic programme, you are eligible but submitting English Certificate insures better ranking.
- Certified academic degree and transcripts, with translation in English or French, i.e. bachelor, master or equivalent. If the degree will be obtained after the deadline, a certificate from the home institution indicating the situation of the student and the date of obtaining the degree must be delivered.
- CV with identity photo
- Letter of motivation
- Reference form and letter from two professors. (Download the Reference Letter Form)
The postal documents must sent to the following address:
Master 1 ARIA «Master Automatique, Robotique et Informatique Appliquée »
Ecole Centrale de Nantes
1, rue de la Noë
F-44321 Nantes cedex 3 (France)
Tel : ++(33)220.127.116.11.96