Evaluation of M2
M2 is composed of two semesters S3 and S4, with 30 ECTS for each one. The exam session of S3 modules will take place at the end of semester S3. The professor of a module can propose an examination at the end of his lecturers before the examination session. A second session of examinations is planned, one week after the S3 jury, for students who have not validated S3. The semester S4 is devoted to the master thesis and its mark is given by the thesis exam committee. The mark must reflect the general quality of the thesis with the following weights: results obtained 60%, written report 20%, oral presentation 20%.
The validation of ECTS is carried as follows:
- Each module is assessed by a written test, and eventually by a project, which is marked out of 20.
- The ECTS of a module are validated if the student has a mark 10/20 at least.
- The 14 ECTS of the common core are validated if the student obtains at least 10/20 as average of the marks of its modules (after weighting the mark of each module by the number of its ECTS), and that no module has a mark under 8/20.
- The 16 ECTS of the specialized course are validated if the student obtains at least 10/20 as average of the marks of its modules (after weighting the mark of each module by the number of its ECTS), and that no module has a mark under 8/20
- A student non-admitted in S3 can apply for the 2nd session on the modules having marks under 10/20. The new marks of these modules are calculated as 70% of the second session mark and 30% of the first session mark. The validation of S3 will be done according to the previous rules.
- After validating S3 the student starts the thesis work (S4).
- Semester S4 is validated and the Master's degree is awarded if the thesis mark is at least 10/20. There is no second session for this semester.
- The 60 ECTS of the first year are validated and the Master's degree is awarded if the average of S3 and S4 is equal to 10/20 at least.
- In the case of some special reasons (e.g. health...), the jury can allow the redoubling of a student.
- The final grade is given according to the following rules based on the average marks of S3 and S4:
10 final mark < 12 : Acceptable
12 final mark < 14 : Fair
14 final mark < 16 : Good
16 final mark 20 : Very Good